Having an outdoor wedding is one of the best things you can hope on any day in the Ugandan summer with no skepticism on whether it will fall that day. The idea of having cools winds blowing your way, the beautiful light of day that will, in the end, give you breathtaking wedding photos can be thinkably unmatched. To many, it’s this idea and vision that puts indoor wedding venues in the pecking order.
And let’s be honest, indoor venues come with their own challenges especially if the number of guests goes higher than a preferred venue’s capacity. But that’s not to say that these indoor venues often come with plenty of advantages.
Besides escaping the scare of rain on a given day, these venues provide extra services like tables and chairs, wall draping (in some), free electricity which will save you the burden of hiring a generator. Some come with public addresses systems, projectors that can be used to showcase your love story in both video and photo slides to your invited guests.
Most indoor venues at 5-star hotels like Commonwealth Resort Munyonyo & 4-star hotels like Golf Course etc. around the country come with specific colour linen, napkins, cutlery, glasses and plates.
Like Patrick and Veronica, who held their wedding on Saturday 22nd July 2017 at UMA Exhibition Hall, for those who think that an indoor reception is the best venue for your special day, there are plenty to choose from. Most people assume every hotel or church with a hall allows hosting wedding functions but the reality is some halls are not open to the public.
Speke Resort is, on the flip side, very affordable. A potential BFF for any pocket, if I may. And if we had the space, I’d tell you about it all. But today, let’s concentrate on two halls; Victoria Ballroom and Commonwealth Banqueting Hall. Both of them, at a price you won’t find anywhere with that breed of fancy, comes with lights, 2 LCD Projectors, Wooden Dance Floor, A/C platform for high table, round tables (10 seaters,) Banqueting chairs, Linen, Cutlery, Crockery and Service Personnel and-you didn’t see this coming- a one night bedroom suite on bed and breakfast basis for the couple.
The Commonwealth has a seating capacity of 500-700 guests while the Victoria Ballroom can seat up to 1000 guests.
All are armed with platforms that can serve as podiums/stages, and to answer your décor problems, the halls are quite the beauty. From the beautifully ornamented curtains, to the varied table cover patterns and colors, and the sheer architectural design. All serve the single purpose of making your wedding sound, feel and look heavenly. Yet indeed, it is a heavenly experience. As their chefs do a marvelous job whipping those wedding meals.
For more information and great discounts on these mighty halls, click here.
Sharing Hall Nsambya
Situated in the heart of Kampala, near Clock Tower, Nsambya Sharing Hall multi-purpose hall isn’t best suited for only training workshops, seminars, public lectures, youth music concerts and graduation ceremonies, only to say the least but also wedding receptions with a sitting capacity of 800 – 1,000 people depending on how you plan your sitting arrangement.
According to management, clients are assured of chairs, a standby generator and a large secure parking yard with all refreshments at a fee. The hall charges about Shs650,000 from Monday to Thursday. Fridays will see you parting with Shs800,000 while on weekends and public holidays, you will be charged Shs1 million.
Pope Paul Memorial Hotel
For those who would need a photo-shoot near a lakeshore, this hall is a convenient option because it is located near the Kabaka’s lake. The spacious hall is located in Rubaga Division, and is within a range of several churches including Miracle Centre Cathedral, the majestic as well as historical Rubaga and Namirembe Cathedrals among others. This means that your church can be near your venue to help save time and transport costs.
Kati Kati Africa
Situated in Kampala, Kati Kati offers an alternative for people who prefer a small number of guests. Kati Kati offers four restaurants, two bars (in case you’re going to hold an after party), a conference hall and a tennis court as well as ample parking space. The lush lawns nurtured carefully at the centre facilitates banquets, also accommodates an open-air restaurant.
Uganda Manufacturers’ Association (UMA) Hall
Located just after Shoprite Lugogo, UMA is among the most sought after wedding venues with a lot to provide including big parking space for hundreds of cars. According to management, UMA Exhibition Hall is open for weddings at a fee and being an indoor venue, it doesn’t go against the KCCA regulations that guide entertainment events. UMA Hall is spacious enough to sit more than 1500 guests and comes with a bar and restaurant to serve your guests. In the same place is another venue, Nile Hall, which has also hosted hundreds of weddings
Located at the heart of Kampala, Hotel Africana is liked by many people because of its accessibility, good service and cuisine. The hotel has over 14 fully furnished, air-conditioned conference halls with seating capacities ranging from 20 – 3,000 participants, so you’ve plenty of options to choose from when you go for an inspection visit. The halls have free internet access for your weddings guests to enjoy and are also well air-conditioned in case your wedding comes on a hot day. The halls are also equipped with projectors, lighting and audio lines.
Serena Conference Centre
Like most 5-star hotels, Serena Hotel Kampala also has a number of halls in which one can have their wedding. They have stylish interiors which can be good for your photography but also providing comfort for the guests with their dramatic surroundings and culinary delights. It important to note that Serena’s Victoria Hall is arguably one of the most prestigious event venues within the city center, accommodating at least 1,500 people. Other halls include Achwa, Katonga, Nile, Crane and Turaco.
Sheraton Hotel is also much loved for its parking space and gardens for photography. Sometimes couples choose to enjoy a photo opportunity on its roof-top. At this hotel, you’ll find a range of versatile spaces from executive boardrooms to ballrooms and conference spaces.
Colline Hotel, Mukono
Located at least 21 kilometers outside Kampala city, Colline Hotel, Mukono is another much-sought wedding venue. It comes with an atmosphere of harmony and tranquility, far away from the city’s maddening crowds and noise.
Other halls include:
- Mengo Teachers’ Cooperative Society Hall (Mengo Teachers’ Hall)
- Nalule Arcade Conference Hall
- Shree Lohana Community Hall
- Makerere College School
- Makerere University Main Hall
- Kiswa Community Center Multipurpose Hall
- Makerere University School of Pharmacy Conference Hall
- Mapera Church Hall
- Fairway Hotel & Spa
- Savana hall
- Sekyana Hall
- Kampala Capital City Authority Head Quarter
- Golf Course Hotel
- Hillside Plaza Hotel
- Hotel Triangle
- Kabira Country Club
- Nexus Resorts Hotel
- St Kakumba Chapel Children’s Hall
- Dolphin Suites
- Kabanyolo Main Hall
- The Mackinnon Suites Kampala
- Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort
- Freedom City
- Tropical Suites on Arua Hill
- Heritage Courts Hotel, on Mvara road
- Desert Breeze Hotel, on Mvara road
- White Castle, on Arua Nebbi Road,
- Arua Public Primary school ground, Arua town
- Christ the King Primary School Ground
- Leosim Hotel on Nebbi-Pakwach-road
- Royal Atlas, on Nebbi-Paidha Road
- Media Center ground
- Moyo Multi-purpose located
- Nasera Suites on Moyo-Adjumani road,
- Mandela II on Moyo-Senior Road
- Adjumani Multi-purpose Hall
- Dubai Resort Hall
- Zawadi Hotel on Adjumani-Gulu road
Jinja Town Hall
- Victoria Nile Hall
- St Andrew’s Church
- St James Church
- Jinja SSS Main Hall
- Walukuba Community Hall
- Bugembe youth Center Hall
- Budondo Sub-county Hall
- Mafubira Sub-county Hall
- Kagote SDA Hall
- Mountains of the Moon Hotel
- Widows Hall
- Lions Club Hall and Recreation Centre
- Patel Shamji Hall, Masaka Town
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Parish Hall, Mubende Town
- Kasenyi Church of Uganda Hall, Mubende Municipality
- Jolet Hall, Kyazanga Town
- Ebernezer Hall
- Kiboga District Hall
- Gilead reception hall, Luweero Town Council.
- Fatima Hall at Kasana-Luweero.
- Luweero Diocese Guest House Hall, Luweero Town Council
- Networth Hotel Reception hall, Wobulenzi Town Council.
- Nkoyoyo hall at Uganda Christian University
- Ani Yali Amanyi Hall,Mpigi Town
- Bulo Sub County Main Hall
- Pauline Annex,
- Saint Lira Hotel,
- Days Inn,
- 291 Suites
- Nazareth Family Centre.
- Gulu Senior Secondary School Hall,
- St Pope John Paul II College Hall,
- Gulu University Main Hall
- Lake View Resort Hotel-
- Kamukuzi Division Generation Suites-Kamukuzi Division
- Carol’s Reception Centre-Kamukuzi Division
- Palm World –Kamukuzi Division
- Mwengura Guest House-Kamukuzi Division
- Mbarara Catholic Social Center-Kamukuzi Division
- Kosiya Hotel –Kamukuzi Division
- Hotel Spannet-Kamukuzi Division Igongo
- Culture and Country Hotel- Biharwe Division
- Mizabibu Gardens-Biharwe Division Star Gardens-Kakoba
- Division Uncle Speed’s Venue- Kakoba Division Agip
- Motel-Kakoba Division
- Asamar Hotel-Nyamitanga Division
- Palm Heights-Nyamitanga Division
- Nyamitanga Resort-Nyamitanga Division
- Wagga Resort-Kamukuzi Division
- St Francis Counseling Institute-Nyamitanga Division
- Children’s Peace Park-Kamukuzi Division
- Mbarara University Inn-Kamukuzi Division
- Flagship Piaza-Central Division
- Tuzza Hotel-Central Division
- College View Guest House-Nyakabirizi Division
- Trust White Hotel-Central Division
- Crane Resort Hotel-Ishaka Division
- Betiina Resort-Central Division
- Peak Hotel-Central Division
- Relax Resort-Nyakabirizi Division
- Motiver Grand Suites-Central Division
- Hotel Capricorn-Central Division
- Resort Gardens-Bufunda Division
- Palm Gardens-Kagongo Division
- Hidiscus Lounge-Kagongo Division
- DA Green-Kagongo Division
- Hill View Gardens-Bufunda Division
- City Bite-Kagongo Division
- Green Orchards Bufunda-Division
- Etic Lounge-Bufunda
- Division Joben-Bisheshe Division
- Big Zone-Bufunda Division
- Rukungiri Inn-Eastern Division
- Riverside Hotel-Eastern Division
- Okapi Inn-Western Division
- Town View Gardens-Western Division
- Heritage Motel-Southern Division
- Palm Royale-Southern Division
- Gesso Inn-Western Division Platinum Motel-Buyanja Town Council
- Jerusalem Tree Cottages-Western Division
- Tourist Resort Kyahweire-Eastern Division
- Ankole Resort and Spa -Central Division
- Trek Savannah-Western Division
- Ntungamo Resort Hotel-Western Division
- Kyarimanya Resort-Kabwohe Division
- Senevin Gardens-Kabwohe Division
- Clinka Gardens-Kabwohe Division
- Savannah Resort Hotel-Kihihi Sub County
- Two Stars Motel-Kihihi Town Council
- Kambuga Cottages-Kambuga Town Council
- Rovins Gardens-Kihihi Town Council
- Mariba Inn-Kihihi Town Council
- Kanungu Resort-Kanungu Town Council
- White Horse Inn-Central Division
- Cephas Inn-Northern Division
- Kirigime Guest House-Southern Division
- Rose Gardens-Southern Division