Shopping for your wedding dress should be fun, though! Rather than filled with worries that you’ll miss something, pick the wrong one or just feel out of your depth, we want your bridal boutique visits to become fabulous memories of girly time, glasses of fizz and gorgeous gowns – exactly as they should be.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of 27 questions to ask your bridal boutique, designed to help every new bride find her dream dress and take the whole process in her stride. It doesn’t matter whether you find your dress the first or fiftieth time you try one on, the point is that find it you will. And when you do? It’ll feel like magic.
So print out this list and book your appointments ladies, you’ve got a wedding dress to buy!
When You Book Your Appointment:
- Can we work to find a dress within my budget of UGX. XX?
- What designers do you stock?
- What is your range of price tags?
- I’m short on time! Do you sell sample dresses or have a last minute option?
- How many people can I bring with me?
- I’m planning on losing weight – can I still come and try dresses on now?
When You Visit For Your Appointment:
- What’s the difference between different designers?
- Talk me through the colour options – ivory, white, champagne, antique gold…
- What dress shapes and silhouettes would look best for my body type?
- If you could only choose one dress for me to try, which would it be?
- Can I try on a veil with this?
- What’s the timeframe for me to decide upon, order and receive my dress?
- Do you have an in-house or recommended seamstress?
- How many alterations should I plan and budget for, and at what points?
- Are the alterations included in the dress price?
- Do I have to pay the entire cost at once, or is there a deposit and payment plan available?
- I’m getting married abroad, what fabrics should I steer clear of?
- Do you have any advice when it comes to choosing underwear/accessories/shoes?
- If I choose this dress, what belt, jewellery or accessories would you add?
- How easy would it be to alter this dress – for example, adding or removing sleeves, adding embellishment, altering the neckline etc.
- How can I make this dress more practical for dancing in later? Can you show me how to bustle up the train?
- Does my dress need to stay hung up? Should it be kept anywhere specific beforehand?
- How about after the wedding – do you have tips for preserving my dress or a box to store it in?
- Can I sleep on it or come back and try it on again before I make up my mind?
- Do you have any plans to discontinue this style, range or designer soon?
While Your Bridal Team Are With You:
- Do you have any bridesmaid ranges that would complement my dress?
- How about anything for my mum?
- I’m really struggling to find bridesmaid dresses to suit my girls’ range of sizes, shapes and ages – do you have any ideas?