For many newlyweds – and even long-married couples! – discovering the best parts of being married is a constant surprise and delight. Think marriage isnâ€™t for you? Allow us to convince you otherwise. Read on for 10 reasons why being married is awesome.
1. You can call, text, email, and say whateverâ€™s on your mind without fear of â€œscaring her/him off.â€Â You know how when youâ€™ve just started dating someone thereâ€™s always a fear that youâ€™re one misunderstood text message away from â€œIâ€™m sorry â€” itâ€™s not you, itâ€™s meâ€? Once youâ€™re married you can text, call, email, Gchat, and send flowers to the office every day without fear of coming on too strong.
2. Thereâ€™s always someone there â€œin sickness.â€Â When youâ€™re under the weather, thereâ€™s nothing worse than having to get all your tissues, lozenges, and cups of tea alone. Having someone there to take care of you when youâ€™re achy and whiny is the best, and weâ€™re sure your mom will be glad to finally be off the hook.
3. Youâ€™ll have a permanent sing-along, dance-along, and adventure-along buddy.Â Being married allows you to be totally, 100 percent yourself at all times. That means youâ€™ll always have someone who will laugh with you, dance with you, and sing in the car with youâ€¦or at least someone to lovingly roll their eyes at you when youâ€™re feeling punchy.
4. Youâ€™ll have a two-person team to handle everything.Â Sure, you can deal with waiting for the cable guy, taking the cat to the vet, doing the grocery shopping, and re-painting your bedroom aloneâ€¦but itâ€™s so much easier to get the day-to-day errands and annoying household tasks done when youâ€™ve got a buddy. Bonus: a great partner makes even the most mundane chores more fun.
5. You can take on the world together and always cheer each other on.Â Had a crappy day at work? No worries. Youâ€™re going home to your #1 supporter. Your spouse will always be there to cheer you on, whether youâ€™re running a marathon, performing stand-up comedy, or vying for a promotion. Why? Because itâ€™s you two against the world!
6. Legal rights.Â Married people have the right to visit each other in the hospital, make informed decisions about each otherâ€™s lives, share health insurance and file taxes together. There are huge benefits associated with these rights (which is one of the reasons all couples should have access to legal marriage).
7. Financial security.Â Two salaries = more money. And you can put that money toward shared goals, like moving into a bigger place or taking a vacation. Itâ€™s a lot more exciting than splitting up the bills with a roommate.
8. Someone to create new traditions with.Â Starting your own little family and making new traditions for holidays and vacations is awesome. You can do the things youâ€™ve always wanted to do (spend Christmas in Europe, rent a cabin on a lake for Labor Day, have breakfast in bed on birthdays, etc) and make every special occasion a little sweeter.
9. Lifelong cuddle buddy/sex partner.Â You might not have that new-relationship-spark forever, but when youâ€™re married, you have a partner you knows your likes, dislikes, when you need a cuddle, and what makes your body tick.
10. Spousal telepathy.Â Give your spouse â€œthe lookâ€ and he or she will automatically know itâ€™s time to eat or get out of this party, stat.
Got a tough wedding question?Â Mail us on email@example.comÂ to chat FREE with one of our virtual wedding planners and choose from affordable planning packages.