1. Yes, she tells her mom almost everything.Â
Her mom doesn’t know the details of your sex life, but she does know the exact date you said “I love you” and what your cleaning habits are like.
2. She’s a strong woman who knows what she wants.Â
Thanks to the amazing role model she’s always had encouraging her.
3. She talks to her mom every day.
Â Sometimes it’s a 45-minute chat on the phone, sometimes it’s texting back and forth, sometimes it’s just a few emails, but she’s is definitely having at least one conversation with her mom daily. She probably talks to her more often than some of her friends.
4. And if her mom calls on the other line when she’s on the phone with you, she’ll have to call you back.
5. She’s going to go to her mom first for most problems.Â
Her mom is wonderful and wise and has proven herself to have the right answers. It’s not that she won’t ask for your opinion or value it just as seriously, but don’t be surprised if she’s already got an answer from her mom.
6. If she’s sick, her mom is going to show up.
Â It doesn’t matter if she lives three states away; if her 29-year-old baby is really ill, the only one who can fix her is her mama.
7. Your relationship with your mom matters to her.
Â She’s not going to expect you to be BFF-level, but she wants to see that you treat your own mother with respect and that you enjoy seeing her.Â
8. She wants to have kids.
Â She wants to replicate the relationship she has with her mom with her own daughter one day.Â
9. You need to treat her mom like a queen.
Â A queen you’re friendly with, but a queen all the same. If you don’t treat her mom well, she’s not going to stick around for long.
10. You’ll probably have to split up on the holidays.Â
It’s not that she can’t bear the thought of missing her mom’s mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows; she can’t bear the thought of missing snuggling with her mom when everyone else leaves on Thanksgiving.
11. She’s a lot like her mom.Â
It’s a glimpse into your future! But doÂ notÂ tell her she’s turning into her mom if you value your life.
12. You’re going to spend a lot of time with her mom.
Â If she lives far away, she’s going to visit often. If she lives nearby, she’s going to want to have dinner or brunch with you both on the regular. Embrace it! Free meal with a lovely lady.
13. Her family is everything to her.
She’s the kind of girl who goes home for holidays, birthdays, graduations, you name it â€” she loves any chance she gets to spend time with them. This means if you guys start a family one day, she’s going to treat you with that much love too.
14. Your mom is going to love her.
Â She’ll treat your mom like her own, and your mom will be obsessed. She might start to like your girlfriend more than she likes you. (Kidding?)